Rules/How to Play
How to Enter
Players must be 18 years of age or older to play.
Entry is £5 per team. You can enter as many teams as you like.
Entry per team entitles you to:
- Pick a fantasy team to play for the duration of the current season
- Name your team
- Compete to win a prize (£1000 prize fund explained in the ‘Prizes’ tab)
- You will start with 100 skates to make transfers
Picking a Team
Using a budget of 100 pucks you must select a total of 11 players from the teams of the current Elite Ice Hockey League. These include:
- 1 x netminder
- 4 x defencemen
- 6 x forwards
There is no restriction to the number of players picked from any one team
Pucks / Skates
Pucks are used to determine the value of a player. Every player in the league has a cost in pucks. Every team is limited to a budget of 100 pucks; this does not change throughout the season. Player values also remain the same for the entire season.
Skates are credits and used to make transfers. In order to make a transfer, a cost of 20 skates will be incurred. Entrants will start with 100 skates in order to make transfers. More skates can be purchased at any time.
All fantasy teams entered will be scored on a weekly basis (using the scoring system below and under the ‘Scoring Points’ tab) and will then be ranked in a league table in order of accumulated points. The team with the most points will be positioned in first place.
Entrants have the option to create a mini-league for private use among friends. This league does not affect the main league table and the leader of each league has no claim to the prize.
Prize (See also the ‘Prizes’ tab)
The prize fund provided by Elite Fantasy League is £1,000. Entrants who finish in the top 5 places, by total accumulated points across the entire game period (up until 26/3/2012), will be eligible for a share of the prize, the sum of which is based upon final position.
The prize breakdown is:
1st Place = £500
2nd Place = £300
3rd Place = £100
4th Place = £75
5th Place = £25
- In the event that more than one team is level on points with one of those teams in a prize winning place, the prize fund will be awarded evenly between the number of teams level on points.
(e.g. If teams in 5th, 6th and 7th place finish on equal points, each team will receive one third of the £25 prize)
- If more than one team finishes level on points, and those teams are in prize winning places, the prize for each place will be totalled and then awarded evenly between each of those teams
(e.g. If teams in 2nd and 3rd place finish level on points, the 2nd place prize of £300 and 3rd place prize of £100 will be totalled and each team will receive half of the £400 total)
Making Transfers (deadlines)
Entrants can make transfers at no cost prior to the start of the competition. If a transfer is made at any time after the start of the competition there is a 10 skate cost per transfer.
(Transfer costs may change at any time during the season. Please check the transfer cost prior to making transfers).
Transfers will only take effect if they are completed prior to the deadline for that specific week.
E.g. if a player is transferred into a team during week 6, his points won’t count towards the team until week 7. Likewise the player transferred out of the team will contribute for week 6 and stop contributing to points at the beginning of week 7.
There are a total of 25 weeks through the season to which scores are counted:
Players Leaving Elite League Teams
In the event that a player leaves their Elite league team for another team in the league, the player’s club detail will change in every entrant’s fantasy team.
In the event that a player leaves the Elite league completely, the player will remain in the database but not be active on any game sheet that his former team takes place in. The player will remain in an entrant’s fantasy team and score 0 points for each game until transferred out. The cost of transferring this player out will be 10 skates.
It is the responsibility of the entrant to remove this player from their fantasy team.
Elite League Teams Not Finishing a Season
In the event that an Elite League team fails to finish the season for any reason, all entrants will be granted the number of transfers required to remove any players representing this Elite League team from their fantasy teams. These transfers will be provided for free.
If an entrant does not have these players in their fantasy team/s they will not require free transfers.
In the event of the Elite Ice Hockey League in it’s entirety not finishing the season, the prize money will be awarded to the highest ranked person following the final game played.
Scoring (See also the ‘Scoring Points’ tab)
Throughout the season, players will attain points based on their performances in all league and cup games.
Players will not score points in exhibition or playoff matches.
- Netminders will only score points if they actually play for any part of the game
- Netminders will only be awarded points for the saves they make and penalised points for the goals conceded while they are on the ice. (Empty net goals do not count)
- All Defencemen and Forwards will be awarded / deducted points if they are named on the gamesheet for a fixture, regardless of whether they actually got on the ice.
- If a Defenceman is serving a penalty they will continue to concede points for goals conceded, even if they have been thrown out of the game.
- Players will only be awarded points for a Fighting Major if the penalty received was a 5-minute major for ‘fighting’ on the gamesheet.
- All scorers will be based upon gamesheets and all points awarded will be final.
- For multi goal and assist bonuses this can only be applied to the first three of an individual game. Players won’t receive a further bonus for 6 goals or assists.
- Penalty shootout goals / assists will not count for the purposes of point scoring.
- Netminder saves will be defined by the number of shots taken on that netminder’s goal during any one game.